Saturday, October 4, 2008

And now for something completely different.

In non-baking news, I ended up getting another tattoo today. I wasn't planning on getting the tattoo for a few weeks, I just visited to shop to check it out and talk to an artist about what I wanted and when I could get it done. But the universe had other plans. Surprise, an artist had an appointment canceled the exact time I walked in. I knew what I wanted, had pictures for reference with me and Sarah Palin gave the good citizens of Alaska an extra $1200 for energy expenses. I don't drive, so tattoo it is, thanks Palin! Maybe I'll donate the rest to Barack Obama. You're cute, Palin, but you say 'betcha' way too much and the thought of you being president gives me the heebie jeebies. I like your glasses though so no hard feelings.

Right. So the artist drew up the design I wanted while I went to go scarf down some food really quickly to avoid passing out. I came back, he redrew the design a couple more times to please me, bless him. I'm usually not picky but hey, this is going to be on my body the rest of my life, I better love it, not just like it.

My first tattoo was an image from The Little Prince. This picture, to be exact:

And here's a horrible picture of that image on my ribs. It's hard to take a picture of your side, okay?
I wanted similar birds flying in a flock up my opposite hip, because I have this thing for symmetry when it comes to tattoos. So I gave Eric the picture from The Little Prince to get a sense of the birds and included another five dozen pictures of other flocks of birds, just in case he wasn't familiar with what one looked like. Be prepared. I used to be a Girl Scout, you know. I'm not exactly sure this is what my Girl Scout leader had in mind (may she rest in peace) but she didn't specify. Sorry, Sherri. I hope they have plenty of TaB soda for you in heaven.

Here's what I came out with an hour and a half later. Again, excuse the weird angle and such. I should really have another person take these.


Yes, that's the shower in the background. And notice that there's a window in the shower. And when you open the window, you look out into the fire escape stairs, where people regularly walk up and down. Creepy, right? It freaks me out, why would you install a rape-window?

Sorry, am I making any sense? All my endorphins are zapped and I'm tired.

I'm really happy with how it turned out and I'd eventually like Eric to touch up my other side, it's a bit sad looking now, especially when compared to the fresh tattoo.

In baking news, butterscotch-banana cupcakes are on their way, I'm just waiting for a bunch of bananas to get all disgusting and black since that's when they're the best for baking. In the mean time, I'll be experimenting with making pumpkin pie biscotti in the next day or two. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie!! I love the new tattoo...
And, I'm glad you found somewhere non-shady that was able to fit you in.

breejustine said...

hi, not sure if you check this blog anymore, but if you do you should put up a photo of both tattoos at once. I'd like to see what they look like together, I'm trying to tie in a ribcage tattoo with something on my hip as well and I'm worried it'll be too busy, but yours looks like it worked out! thanks, fellow alaskan baker!

MostlyFlumxdArt said...

Love them both! Following...