Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sophie's first "Mother's" day


5/13/12

Joe and I decided to gather our immediate family for a mother’s day brunch and tell everybody I’m pregnant then.  We didn’t exactly plan how we were going to announce it, so Joe just said, “So we have some big news…” and then looked pointedly at me. Except at that exact moment I was busily shoving a chocolate tart in my mouth so he was forced to finish the big announcement.

Everybody was happy for us, which was a little weird for me really. I guess I never got over growing up with the message, “DON’T GET PREGNANT!!”  I was like really? You guys aren’t going to disown me?

Still feeling normal except for cravings for a salt lick. My TV snack as of late is a big jar of capers. Also picked up a Costco sized jar of pickles so my blood pressure should be through the roof in no time.
In other news, I made the mistake of telling Joe that they blastocyte is about the size of a poppy seed right now and now he looks at me in terror whenever I make a sudden movement. The does not bode well for the next 8 months.

No comments: